Udaipur is famous for its palaces, lakes and luxury hotels. In recent years this beautiful city has become famous for destination weddings too, it is perhaps the most popular venue for destination weddings in India today.
Total cost of Royal destination wedding in Udaipur
The cost of a destination wedding in Udaipur ranges between Rs 50 lakhs to Rs 3.5 crore, a royal wedding at a palace or a luxury hotel is likely to cost between Rs. 1.5 crore to Rs. 3.5 crore depending upon number of guests and wedding venue.
The price may go up if number of guests are more or if you have special requirements like exotic flowers, silver cutlery e.t.c
Getting married in Udaipur? Request a free quote from Magic Lights Wedding Planners
Top 3 Wedding venues for Royal destination wedding in Udaipur
Jagmandir, Oberoi Udaivilas and Taj Lake Palace are the best wedding venues to host a royal wedding in Udaipur according to Magic Lights Wedding Planners, who have been organising destination weddings since last 6 years.
Let’s take a look at each venue and find out what facilities do they offer and how much it costs to host wedding at these venues.
1. Cost of wedding at Jagmandir Island palace
Jagmandir has been made famous by high profile and celebrity weddings in recent years, it was also one of the locations in James Bond movie “Octopussy”. This is the most exotic wedding venue in Udaipur, it is located on an island in Pichola lake. A wedding at Jagmandir is likely to cost above Rs. 1.5 crore.
Wedding expenses at Jagmandir
- Wedding ceremony – The cost of wedding ceremony and dinner will cost you Rs. 30 lakhs for 150 guests. Jagmandir has very few rooms for accommodation, hence it is mainly used for hosting wedding ceremony and dinner while accommodation is arranged at other hotels.
- Accommodation – Accommodation for guests can be arranged at 5 star hotels like Lake Palace, Shiv Niwas, Udaivilas and hotel Fateh prakash. It may cost you Rs. 70 – 80 lakhs to arrange accommodation and other ceremonies.
- Wedding Decor – Wedding decoration will cost around Rs. 20 – 40 lakhs for all wedding ceremonies. If you have special requests like exotic imported flowers, it can be arranged for you.
- Hospitality & Transportation – To ensure that your guests have no trouble in travelling to wedding venue and finding their rooms at hotel you must hire a wedding planner to take care of guest management and transportation while you and your family enjoy the wedding. The cost of these services could be between Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Other Costs – Other wedding services like photography, sound, DJ and entertainment are provided according to your needs and cost varies from vendor to vendor. Photographer’s fee could be Rs. 2.5 lakhs and above.
Amenities at Jagmandir
- Gardens for Wedding ceremony
- 7 suites
- Spa & Saloon
2. Cost of wedding at Oberoi Udaivilas
Oberoi Udaivilas is one of the finest and most luxurious hotels in India. This luxury hotel is situated on the bank of Pichola lake. The cost of booking entire hotel for wedding will be around Rs. 3.5 crore. However, if you arrange accommodation at other hotels it will cost you less.
Wedding expenses at Oberoi Udaivilas
- Wedding ceremony and accommodation – If you book entire hotel, it will cost you little over Rs. 1 crore per night. You may choose to arrange accommodation at other hotel but you may be required to book a minimum number of rooms if you wish to organize wedding ceremony at Udaivilas.
- Catering – Breakfast costs Rs. 3000 per person while lunch and dinner costs Rs 6000 – 7000 per person here. There is 18% tax on these expenses as well.
- Wedding Decor – Wedding decoration will cost around Rs. 20 – 40 lakhs for all wedding ceremonies including main wedding ceremony, mehendi and sangeet. You may request exotic flowers, silver cutlery e.t.c.
- Hospitality & Transportation – Wedding planners takes care of managing your guests to make sure that your guests have no trouble in travelling to wedding venue and finding their rooms at hotel. The cost of such services is between Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs. It includes cabs for airport transfers.
- Other Costs – Services like photography, sound, DJ and entertainment can be arranged as per your requirement. Price varies from vendor to vendor. Photographer’s fee could be Rs. 2.5 lakhs and above.
Amenities at Udaivilas
- 87 rooms and 5 suites
- Lawns and Gardens
- Restaurants & Bar
3. Cost of wedding at Taj Lake Palace
Taj Lake Palace is one of the most popular luxury hotels in India. it is also located on an island in Pichola lake like Jagmandir. Destination wedding at Lake Palace will cost above Rs. 1.5 crore.
Wedding expenses at Taj Lake Palace
- Wedding ceremony & Accommodation – It costs Rs.40000 – Rs. 60000 per room at lake palace for one night, so it will cost you around Rs. 30 lakhs per night for 50 rooms. You may choose to book few rooms here and rest of the accommodation at other hotels.
- Catering – Cost of three meals per person will be approximately Rs. 12000. For 150 guests the total cost for food & beverages could be around 20 lakhs per day.
- Wedding Decor – The cost of wedding decor comes to Rs. 20 – 40 lakhs depending on your preferences. Special decor elements like imported flowers can also be arranged for you.
- Hospitality & Transportation – To make sure that your guests easily travel to wedding venue and guest management is done professionally at hotel, wedding planners provide hospitality services which costs between Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Other Costs – Other wedding services like photography, sound, DJ and entertainment can be arranged according to your needs and cost varies from vendor to vendor. Photographer’s fee could be Rs. 2.5 lakhs and above.
Amenities at Lake Palace
- 17 suites
- 66 rooms
- 24 hour multi-cuisine restaurant
- 24 hour in room dining
- Bar and Spa